- Appointed to the Third Department on April 15, 2014.
- A graduate of Villanova University and Albany Law School.
- Engaged in private practice for over 30 years.
- Was an Assistant Public Defender in Albany County and, from 1996 until 2006, the Public Defender of Albany County.
- Has also served as chief counsel for the Albany County Department of Social Services and as a member of the New York State Judicial Advisory Council.
- Elected to the Supreme Court from the Third Judicial District in 2006.
- The 2013 recipient of the Harold E. Koreman Award given by the State Trial Lawyers' Association for his commitment to the administration of justice with fairness and compassion.
- Has served as an adjunct professor of business law at both the College of St. Rose and Siena College.