- Appointed to the Third Department on February 11, 2008.
- Graduated from Merrimack College (1965) and Villanova University School of Law (1968).
- Served in United States Army (1968 to 1970); honorably discharged (October 1970).
- Admitted to the practice of law in 1970.
- Began his legal career in private practice with Munley & Mead in Great Neck, New York (1968).
- Served as an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office (1970 to 1974) and then as Chief Assistant District Attorney at the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office (1974 to 1978).
- Elected Ulster County District Attorney in 1978; reelected six times and served until December 1998.
- Elected Supreme Court Justice for the Third Judicial District in 1998.
- Appointed to the Appellate Division, First Department on November 17, 2006.
- Served as representative of the Third Judicial District to the New York State Litigation Coordination Panel since 2005.
- Served as a member of the Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics since his appointment in 2005 by the Chief Administrative Judge.