- Appointed to the Third Department effective March 1, 2016.
- Graduated from State University College at Cortland and New York Law School.
- Engaged in private practice with Richard I. Mulvey (1980-1994) and Albanese & Mulvey Law Firm (1994-2000).
- Served as Assistant District Attorney (1982-1987) and as County Attorney for
Tompkins County (1987-1993).
- Served as Legislative Counsel for State Senator James L. Seward (1994-2000).
- Elected to the Supreme Court for the Sixth Judicial District in November 2000 and re-elected in November 2014.
- Appointed Administrative Judge for the Sixth Judicial District in 2009.
- Appointed member of the New York State Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics in 2006.