- Appointed a Justice of the Third Department effective March 2, 2000.
- Graduated from St. Lawrence University and Albany Law School.
- Served in the United States Army as commanding officer of an intelligence unit in West Germany in 1970 and then as a captain in South Vietnam from 1971 to 1972.
- Admitted to the Bar in 1973.
- Served as a confidential law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Robert E. Fischer and then as an Assistant Broome County District Attorney, before engaging in the private practice of law.
- Elected a Supreme Court Justice for the Sixth Judicial District in 1987.
- Appointed Administrative Judge for the Sixth Judicial District in 1998.
- Re-elected as a Supreme Court Justice in 2001 and reappointed to the Appellate Division.
- After reaching mandatory retirement age of 70 in 2013, he has twice been "certificated" by the Chief Administrative Judge as a Supreme Court Justice and reappointed to the Appellate Division.
- Maintains chambers in Binghamton.