- Appointed a Justice of the Third Department effective March 2, 2000.
- Graduated from St. Lawrence University and Albany Law School.
- Served in the United States Army as commanding officer of an intelligence unit in West Germany in 1970 and then as a captain in South Vietnam from 1971 to 1972.
- Admitted to the Bar in 1973.
- Served as a confidential law clerk to a judge and as an Assistant Broome County District Attorney, before engaging in the private practice of law.
- Elected a Supreme Court Justice for the Sixth Judicial District in 1987 and reelected in 2001.
- Appointed Administrative Judge for the Sixth Judicial District in 1998.
- Maintains chambers in Binghamton.