- Appointed to the Third Department effective February 11, 2008.
- Graduated from Macalester College in 1978 and Albany Law School in 1981.
- Elected Albany City Court Judge in 1997. Served as Acting Family Court Judge in 2001.
- Elected to the Supreme Court for the Third Judicial District in 2001.
- Served as the Administrative Judge of the Rensselaer County Integrated Domestic Violence Part from January 2006 to February 2008.
- Confidential Law Clerk to the Schenectady County Family Court Judges from 1981 to 1983.
- Engaged in private practice from 1983 to 1997, practicing exclusively in matrimonial and family law. Elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in 1991.
- Founding member of the NYS Judicial Institute on Professionalism in the Law, established by Chief Judge Kaye, since 1999.
- Chair of the Third Judicial District Gender Fairness Committee, 2001 to 2005.