Broadway and Hudson Avenue, Albany, NY
Erected on site of old Stadt Huis, corner of Hudson Avenue and Broadway 1740; First Congress of the Colonies, presided over by Benjamin Franklin, held in it 1754; from its steps Declaration of Independence read July 19, 1776; temporary Capitol of State in which several sessions of Legislature prior to 1808 were held. Destroyed by fire April 30, 1836.
Source: Alden Chester, Legal and Judicial History of New York, vol. III, pg. 21.
State Street and Chapel, Albany, NY
It was erected by the Albany Savings Bank, which entered it May 11, 1875; county bought it in 1898, and commenced alterations when the bank removed to its new edifice on No. Pearl St., April 25, 1899.
On State Street, corner of Chapel. Purchased by the county in 1895 from the Albany Savings Bank, and adapted for the use of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, Third Department (1896-1916), for the Chambers of one of the Justices of the Supreme Court, and of the County Judge, and for the Surrogate's Court and some of the County offices.
Source: Alden Chester, Legal and Judicial History of New York, vol. III, pg. 39.
Eagle Street, Albany, New York
Built in 1883
Houses City Court, Civil and Traffic Divisions
Third Judicial District
Albany's City Court (Civil and Traffic Divisions) are located within Albany City Hall, an 1883 Romanesque Revival building designed by the famous American architect H.H. Richardson. Built of contrasting light and dark brown stone, it has been very well preserved through the years. Albany City Hall served as the first home (albeit temporary) of the Appellate Division, Third Department, in 1896. Cost: $325,000; tower 202 feet. Cornerstone laid by Masonic fraternity on October 13, 1881.
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State", NYS Office of Court Administration. 1981 pg. 108.
Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Built in 1912-1916
Houses Supreme, County, Surrogate, Commissioner of Jurors & County Clerk
Third Judicial District
The Albany County Courthouse on Eagle Street in Albany is a large neo-classical building built during 1912-1916. Its main feature is the large central atrium and monumental stairways in its interior.
Originally designed by Hoppin and Koen of New York City, the building underwent renovation and expansion in 2006
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State," NYS Office of Court Administration. 1981 pg. 108