Niagara County

Niagara County Courthouse, 1886
Oldest Courthouse 1886
Pre-1907 postcard.
Oldest Courthouse 1886
Postcard mailed in 1907

Lockport, NY

Built in 1886

Architect M.E. Beebe and Son

William J. Blackley of Lockport, builder

Lady Justice spire was removed circa 1914.



Niagara County Courthouse, 1914 & 1957 Additions
Oldest Courthouse 1886
Postcard mailed in 1923
Oldest Courthouse 1886
Postcard mailed in 1938
Albany County Courthouse
Present day

Park Avenue & Hawley Streets, Lockport, NY

Built in 1886

Houses Supreme, County, Family, Surrogate Courts and Commissioner of Jurors.

Eighth Judicial District

The current Niagara County Courthouse in Lockport is an unusual mixture of various architectural styles. Consisting of two major wings, the older one dating from 1914 and a newer 1959 addition of non-descript design. This older, original wing of grey stone masonry features a high lonic portico above the central entrance and a central rotunda within the building surrmounted by a dome. The mansard roof and the arched openings at windows and doors complete this amalgam of Greek Revival, Renaissance, and French Second Empire styles.

Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State", NYS Office of Court Administration. 1981 pg. 409