Old Country Road, Mineola, NY
Houses: County Court
Judicial District: Tenth
Located on the fairgrounds of former Queens, Nassau Agricultural Society. Planned and built as a WPH project in the late 1930's, it opened in 1940. The three story central unit and two adjacent smaller units housed the County Supreme Courts and other judicial offices replacing the Old Courthouse constructed In 1901. The buildings are excellent examples of mid-20th century governmental architecture with many interior and exterior art deco style elements including a series of decorative sculptural panels along the top entablature of the building's front.
Source: Nassau County Supreme Court Community Relations.