Court-Based ADR Programs: Outside
New York City
For information on court-based mediation programs outside New York City, scroll down to find your county within your Judicial District.
For mediation in a Family Court, or a City, Town or Village Court outside New York City, contact your local Community Dispute Resolution Center or the court, if you do not find information in the appropriate section below.
5th Judicial District: Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, Oswego, Onondaga and Herkimer counties.
6th Judicial District: Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Madison, Otswego, Schuyler, Tioga, and Tompkins Counties.
7th Judicial District: Monroe, Cayuga, Wayne, Seneca, Ontario, Yates, Livingston and Steuben counties.
8th Judicial District: Erie, Allegany, Niagara, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Orleans, Wyoming and Genesee counties.
9th Judicial District: Westchester, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Rockland counties.
10th Judicial District: Nassau and Suffolk counties.
5th Judicial District
Specially-trained consultant mediators mediate child abuse and neglect matters pending before the Family Courts. For more information, contact Program Coordinator Sue Shafer at (315) 266-4256.
Roster of Neutral Evaluators and Mediators
The 5th Judicial District offers parties access to trained neutral evaluators and mediators for commercial, personal injury, general civil, matrimonial (divorce) cases. Contact the professionals directly to learn about their credentials and hourly rates.
The Martin P. Violante ADR Program offers many ADR choices including early neutral evaluation, late neutral evaluation, mediation, parent coordination, arbitration and summary jury trial. This program covers general civil, commercial, divorce, and parenting issues in Family Court cases.
Family Court Child Permanency Mediation Program
Specially-trained consultant mediators mediate child abuse and neglect matters pending before the Family Courts. For more information, contact Program Coordinator Karen Carroll at (716) 845-2753.
Nassau County Family Court
The Nassau County Family Court offers free, on-site mediation for parties with parenting (custody/ visitation) and support disputes. Judges or Referees may refer parties to mediation or parties may request mediation. For more information, call 516-571-9438.
Nassau County Supreme Court offers several ADR Programs:
Suffolk County Supreme Court offers several ADR programs:
- Nassau County’s Matrimonial Center maintains a roster of Parenting Coordinators and mediators.
- Neutral Evaluation: After a preliminary conference or when deemed appropriate by the Judge, a case can be referred to a volunteer attorney who serves as a neutral evaluator. For more information, contact Mary Campbell at (516) 571-2050.
- Voluntary, binding arbitration and neutral evaluation are available for tort cases.
- The Commercial Division offers a mediation program. The Judge may refer cases to mediation.
- Divorce Mediation and Early Neutral Evaluation: PROJECT CALM (“Civil Alternatives to Litigating in Matrimonials”): Call (631) 853-4333 to ask for a referral.
- Mediation and Neutral Evaluation in Guardianship Cases: Call the Model Guardianship Part for more information.
- The Commercial Division offers a mediation program.
The Judge may refer cases to mediation.