Language Help (Interpreters)

It is important to understand what is happening during a court proceeding and to participate in court programs and receive services when they are needed. If you cannot speak English, you can ask the court for a free court interpreter to help you. It is important to ask for an interpreter as soon possible. The court has free sign language interpreters for the hearing impaired.

The court system provides interpreters for over 100 languages each year. To ask for an interpreter, contact the Chief Clerk's Office of the court you are going to as soon as possible. If you don’t know how to contact the court, call the Office of Court Interpreting Services at (646) 386-5670.


English | 中文 | Français | 한국어 | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ | Русский | Español
| Làkk | العربية | Polski | Kreyòl Ayisyen
YouTube DIY Forms Ask a Law Librarian