- Appointed to the Third Department effective April 24, 2014.
- Initially attended a certificate program at the Alvin Ailey Dance Center in New York City and danced for several years with small modern dance companies.
- Graduated from Columbia University and Albany Law School.
- Began her legal career in private practice before becoming an Assistant District Attorney in Schenectady County from 1998 until 2004.
- Her judicial career began in 2004 when she was appointed as Schenectady City Court Judge. Was elected to that position in 2005.
- Elected to the office of Schenectady County Family Court Judge in 2010.
- Became the second woman ever elected as a Supreme Court Justice from the Fourth Judicial District in 2012.
- Recipient of the following awards: 2021 Kate Stoneman Award from Albany Law School, the Felix J. Aulisi Award from the New York State Trial Lawyers Association in 2018, the 2018 Hon. Judith Kaye Distinguished Attorney Award from the Capital District Women's Bar Association, the 2017 Lawyer of the Year Award from the Schenectady County Bar Association and recognition from the New York State Bar Association in 2013 for supporting pro bono efforts and access to justice.
- Schenectady County Bar Association Board Member 2019-2022.
- Member, Statewide Advisory Committee on Attorneys for Children.
- Member, New York State Bar Association Committee on Courts of Appellate Jurisdiction.