- On January 1, 2018, was appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo as the 16th Presiding Justice of the Third Department.
- Appointed to the Third Department effective March 19, 2009.
- Graduated from Alfred University and Albany Law School, with honors.
- Served as Confidential Law Clerk to the Hon. Irad S. Ingraham, Justice of the Supreme Court, 1990-1994.
- Engaged in private practice with the Joyce Law Firm in central New York, 1995-2006.
- Served on the Planning Board for the Town of New Berlin, Chenango County, 1999-2001.
- Elected as Town Justice in the Town of New Berlin in 2001 and reelected to a second term in 2005.
- Elected Supreme Court Justice for the Sixth Judicial District in 2006 and re-elected in 2020.
- Current Commissioner and past Co-Chair of the Richard C. Failla LGBTQ Commission of the New York Courts.
- Has served on various boards and professional associations including: International Association of LGBTQ Judges, Director, 2015-present; New York State Bar Association Committee on LGBT People and the Law, 2011-present; Albany Law School, National Alumni Association Board, 2011-2019; New York State Bar Association Committee on Courts of Appellate Jurisdiction, 2013-2018; New York State Continuing Legal Education Board, member, 2012-2015; Third Department CLE Committee, Chair, 2010-2014; Association of Justices of Supreme Court of New York State, Treasurer, 2012-2015, 6th District Representative 2008-2016, Bench Book Committee, 2011-2013; and Del-Chen-O Chapter of Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, founding member.