- Appointed to the Third Department on April 15, 2014.
- Graduated from Union College and Albany Law School.
- Served as an Assistant District Attorney in Albany County from 1980 to 1981.
- From 1981 to 1989, served as the Principal Law Clerk to the Hon. Leonard A. Weiss of the Appellate Division, Third Department.
- Engaged in the private practice of law from 1989 to 2005.
- Served as Albany County Attorney from 1995 to 2005.
- Other positions included serving as counsel to both the Albany County Industrial Development Agency and the City of Albany Charter Revision Commission of 1998.
- Elected as a Supreme Court Justice for the Third Judicial District in 2005 and re-elected to that office in 2019.