- Appointed Clerk of the Court on November 24, 2010, becoming just the sixth Clerk in the history of the Court.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Court and its auxiliary agencies.
- Responsible for supervising and managing all Court functions, including motions, appeals, budget preparation, personnel, finance, security, and all other areas of the Court's administration.
- Prior to his appointment as Clerk, served in various capacities with the Court including Appellate Court Attorney (1978), Acting Law Clerk to Associate Justice T. Paul Kane (1978-1979), Law Clerk to Presiding Justice A. Franklin Mahoney (1979-1980, 1981-1983), Chief Appellate Court Attorney (1980-1981) and Deputy Clerk (1983-2010).
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina (1975) and Albany Law School (1978).
- Avid sports photographer, and winner of the Eclipse Award for Outstanding Photography in Thoroughbred Horse Racing (2011) and the award for Horse Racing Photojournalist of the Year (2012).