- On January 1, 2018, was appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo as the 16th Presiding Justice of the Third Department.
- Appointed to the Third Department effective March 19, 2009.
- Graduated from Alfred University and Albany Law School, with honors.
- Served as Confidential Law Clerk to the Hon. Irad S. Ingraham, Justice of the Supreme Court, 1990-1994.
- Engaged in private practice with the Joyce Law Firm in central New York, 1995-2006.
- Served on the Planning Board for the Town of New Berlin, Chenango County, 1999-2001.
- Elected as Town Justice in the Town of New Berlin in 2001 and reelected to a second term in 2005.
- Elected Supreme Court Justice for the Sixth Judicial District in 2006 and re-elected in 2020.
- Current Commissioner and past Co-Chair of the Richard C. Failla LGBTQ Commission of the New York Courts.
- Has served on various boards and professional associations including: Albany Law School, Trustee, 2022-present; International Association of LGBTQ Judges, Director, 2015-present; New York State Bar Association Committee on LGBT People and the Law, 2011-2019; Albany Law School, National Alumni Association Board, 2011-2019; New York State Bar Association Committee on Courts of Appellate Jurisdiction, 2013-2018; New York State Continuing Legal Education Board, member, 2012-2015; Third Department CLE Committee, Chair, 2010-2014; Association of Justices of Supreme Court of New York State, Treasurer, 2012-2015, 6th District Representative 2008-2016, Bench Book Committee, 2011-2013; and Del-Chen-O Chapter of Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, founding member.
- Has been recognized with a number of honors and awards including: President's Award (International Association of LGBTQ+ Judges, 2022), Ruth Bader Ginsburg Vanguard Award Program Recognition (New York State Bar Association Trial Lawyers Section, 2020), Humanitarian Achievement Award (Inaugural, Albany Law School, 2019), Capital District Women's Bar Association LGBT Committee Award (2019), Marilyn R. Menge Award (Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, 2018), Felix J. Aulisi Award (NYS Trial Lawyers Association, 2015), Kate Stoneman Award (Albany Law School, 2012).