Public access to briefs/records and other Court filings in nonconfidential matters may be accessed through the NYSCEF website. Please note, however, that for matters that are not e-filed, requests for access to briefs, records or court filings should be made by email to email@example.com.
E-filing rules in the Third Department apply as follows:
- Currently, all matters in the Third Judicial Department are subject to mandatory
e-filing except for:
• Appeals in Workers' Compensation cases
• Appeals in Unemployment Insurance cases
• Original proceedings commenced in the Third Department
• Any appeal in which the appellant or the petitioner
perfecting the proceeding is exempt from e-filing pursuant
to 22 NYCRR 1245.4 (a)
• Professional Matters
**Please note, that as of November 2, 2020, mandatory E-filing is required in all Criminal Matters perfected on or after November 2, 2020 and all CPLR article 78 proceedings that have been transferred to the Appellate Division pursuant to CPLR 7804 (g) that have been perfected on or after November 2, 2020.