Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the retention period for Court-PASS material?
- All material on Court-PASS will be permanently available.
- How frequently is Court-PASS updated?
- Material will be available on Court-PASS after processing by the Clerk's Office. Court-PASS is updated daily.
- Is pre-2013 material available on Court-PASS?
- No. The Court of Appeals website provides access to the full text of all Court of Appeals decisions and webcasts for the immediately preceding two years. Transcripts of webcasts are available for cases argued on or after September 1, 2012. The Court's archive of records and briefs since 1847 is maintained at the New York State Archives (518-474-8955). Photocopies are available for a charge. These materials may be obtained on microfiche at the New York State Library (518-474-5355).
- Do I need any special software to access Court-PASS?