Park Avenue & Hawley Streets, Lockport, NY
Built: 1914, addition 1957
Houses: Supreme, County, Family, Surrogate Courts and Commissioner of Jurors
Judicial District: Eighth
The Niagara County Courthouse in Lockport is an unusual mixture of various architectural styles. Consisting of 2 major wings, the older one dating from 1914 and a newer 1959 addition of non-descript design. This older, original wing of grey stone masonry features a high lonic portico above the central entrance and a central rotunda within the building surrmounted by a dome. The mansard roof and the arched openings at windows and doors complete this amalgam of Greek Revival, Renaissance, and French Second Empire styles.
Source: "Survey of Court Facilities in New York State", NYS Office of Court Administration...1981 pg 409